Tuesday, April 23, 2013

News from Nowhere - Wordle 105

I am hardening,
building up
a resilience to shock.
Every bomb
a conspiracy.
Every struggle
contrived.
My sympathies
are all spent.

I thrive on the promise
that the land provides
and under the shelter
of fig trees, newly leafed,
I feel joy and hope arise.
The nearest I get to war
is the fight against goats -
the infidels in my war of attrition.

And for now, there is peace.
They have been sold,
shipped off
to pastures new.
I replant and re-fence
in confidence.

(Shipped, against, shock, shelter, struggle, promise, thrive, infidels, harden, land, bomb, spent, resilience.)

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading about your goats...
    Hopefully they have too found peace.

    I can only imagine your fig trees re-leafing...

    ReplyDelete